Available from Cafe Press.
Archive for Republican Party
I was Stumbling last night and came across The Lovenstein Institute website. There I found a page titled, “It’s Tough Being a Republican in 2008” that was filled with statements like this:
- Jesus loves you, but shares your deep hatred of homosexuals and Hillary Clinton.
- A woman can’t be trusted with decisions about her own body, but multinational corporations can make decisions affecting all humankind without any regulation.
- The best way to improve military morale is to praise the troops in speeches, while slashing veterans’ benefits and combat pay.
- A good way to fight terrorism is to belittle our long-time allies, but then demand their cooperation and money.
- You are a conservative, but it is OK to spend like there is no tomorrow and run up deficits that your grandchildren will have to pay, while at the same time refunding as much tax money as possible to rich people who do not need it.
And there are so many more.
Maybe it’s time for a viable 3rd party. The current Republican Party should be renamed the Christianist Party and Eisenhower-style Republicans could take back their party.
Maybe I’m being blind, but I don’t seem to find similar stunts being perpetuated by serious Democrats. If I’m wrong, I’d love to be enlightened with some examples. But this is why I think the GOP is the party of middle schoolers:
Apparently these were being sold by the Snohomish County Republican Party at the Evergreen State Fair in Washington last weekend. The Jed Report has more.